Alberto Bernués Jal
Animal-Future will design strategies for assessing and enhancing the sustainability of animal production systems (APS). Main objectives are:
- Assess the multi-dimensional consequences of innovations on benefits (cash flow, income, jobs, product quality and safety, ecosystem services etc.) and costs (use of scarce natural resources, health and welfare) of APS.
- Improve the capacity of European animal sector actors to facilitate sound changes based on a thorough understanding of mechanisms underlying trade-offs between benefits and costs.
- Provide guidance co-designed by scientists and animal production actors through which the latter can reinforce their innovation capacity.
To achieve these, the project will:
- Develop a indicator-based decision support tool that will be used for assessing and benchmarking European APS according to benefits and costs induced by innovations (from farm to region, nation and EU27).
- Bring together multi-disciplinary research teams and animal production actors (farmers, processors, breeders etc.) using a multi-actor approach and starting from a farm network of intensive/extensive APS across Europe.
UE - INIA
Miembros del proyecto:
Isabel Casasús Pueyo (CITA) / Ana Mº Olaizola Tolosana(Universidad de Zaragoza-IA2) The project is ccordinated by Dr TICHIT MURIEL (Institut national de la recherche agronomique - INRA).