The Department of Soils and Irrigation (CITA) has been conducting research in the fields of irrigation engineering, agronomy, irrigation water quality, soils and remote sensing for the last 25 years. The Department has a broad focus on management of agricultural inputs, agronomy of crops, agro-climatology and environmental issues related to irrigated agriculture. The Department of Soils and Irrigation is linked with the Aula Dei Experimental Station of the Spanish National esearch Council (CSIC-EEAD) forming the “Irrigation, Agronomy and the Environment” research Group, one of the largest group in Spain in this area.
The main research lines of the Group are: (1) Sustainable use of water and soil resources: crop water requirements, diagnosis and improvement of on-farm irrigation systems, irrigation conveyance networks and collective irrigation management, (2) Environmental impact of agricultural activities: environmental impact of irrigation on soils, waters and atmosphere, and (3) Crop agronomy: crop responses to abiotic stresses, optimization of nitrogen fertilization, use of pig slurry as fertilizer, and agronomic applications of remote sensing technologies..
- Modelización y control medioambiental de regadíos modernizados por aspersión en el Valle Medio del Ebro (España) = Modelling and environmental control of modernized sprinkler irrigated area in the Ebro Valley (Spain)
- Simulation modelling in irrigated agriculture
- Modelización y control medioambiental de los regadíos modernizados por aspersión en el Valle medio del Ebro
- Utility of stabilized nitrogen fertilizers to reduce nitrate leaching under optimal management practices
- Zoning of a Newly-Planted Vineyard: Spatial Variability of Physico-Chemical Soil Properties
- Evolution of the Aroma of Treixadura Wines during Bottle Aging
- Agronomic and Environmental Implications of Substituting Pig Slurry for Synthetic Nitrogen in Mediterranean Wheat Systems
- Puesta en marcha del proyecto RegATeA: una nueva oportunidad para los regadíos abandonados en la provincia de Teruel
- Chemical composition and sensory properties of Albariño wine: Fertigation effects
- Fertigation of Maize with Digestate Using Drip Irrigation and Pivot Systems