The name of the unit reflects the objectives of his research activity. Basically develop two areas of research that are interrelated: the agri-food economy and the economy of natural resources. The aim of the first is the economic study of the food chain in its various stages, ranging from agricultural production, to industrial processing and marketing, to the consumption of food. Research in this area is aimed at helping the participants in the chain in its task of offering sufficient, safe, healthy products and quality satisfying demands in today's society. Intends to contribute to a process that efficiently manage natural resources and further sustainable territorial development.
The study of these last aspects is the aim of the second area of research which is developed in the unit, the economy of natural resources. This tries to answer to questions concerning the way in which society uses natural resources to meet the needs of the economic system. In particular, he studies the complex interactions between society and the environment and the management of natural resources. The research focuses on the study of efficient use of natural resources in the agri-food production, their impacts on the environment and ecosystems.
- Análisis de las necesidades de inversión en renovación de las infraestructuras del ciclo urbano del agua = Analysis of renewal investment needs of the urban water cycle in Spain
- Cost-Effective Mitigation of Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Agriculture
- Investigating Italian Consumer Preferences for Different Characteristics of Provolone Valpadana Using the Conjoint Analysis Approach
- Análisis del comportamiento del consumidor de alimentos. Experimentos de elección
- La economía circular como herramienta para mitigar los efectos del cambio climático sobre los recursos hídricos: el caso de España
- Report on description of baseline scenario for EU bioeconomy and of alternative scenarios for EU's bioeconomy future
- Alternative Global Transition Pathways to 2020: Prospects for the Bioeconomy : An application of the MAGNET model with SDG insights
- Status quo of data collection methodologies on bioeconomy and recommendations
- BioSAMs for the EU Member States: Constructing Social Accounting Matrices with a detailed disaggregation of the bio-economy
- Assessing the impacts of the EU bioeconomy on third countries : potential environmental impacts in Brazil of EU biofuel demand to 2030.