The name of the unit reflects the objectives of his research activity. Basically develop two areas of research that are interrelated: the agri-food economy and the economy of natural resources. The aim of the first is the economic study of the food chain in its various stages, ranging from agricultural production, to industrial processing and marketing, to the consumption of food. Research in this area is aimed at helping the participants in the chain in its task of offering sufficient, safe, healthy products and quality satisfying demands in today's society. Intends to contribute to a process that efficiently manage natural resources and further sustainable territorial development.
The study of these last aspects is the aim of the second area of research which is developed in the unit, the economy of natural resources. This tries to answer to questions concerning the way in which society uses natural resources to meet the needs of the economic system. In particular, he studies the complex interactions between society and the environment and the management of natural resources. The research focuses on the study of efficient use of natural resources in the agri-food production, their impacts on the environment and ecosystems.
- The Jucar River Basin
- Barriers of edible insect purchase in spain and possible segments (póster)
- Viabilidad de la comercialización de la carne producida en el Pirineo. Estudios de mercado en el territorio (Proyecto DIETAPYR2)
- Consumer preferences for front-of-pack nutrition labels: the case of Nutri-score labelling in Spain
- Exploring the consumption context and the relation between food choices and emotions
- The impact of non-tariff measures in Spanish foreigh trade: A structural gravity approach.
- Assessing consumer preferences for labelling information on dry cured serrano ham on a virtual supermarket in Spain
- The role of information on consumers’ preferences for locally produced apples in traditional rural areas
- How can we untap the energy saving potential of households? Insights from houselhold preferences for alternative measures
- Barriers to increase renewable share in domestic electrity: the role of switching providers